Admission requirements & Required Documents for PhD in IoT
PhD Eligibility criteria:
1.Applicants must have an MSc degree in the relevant discipline of Engineering/Technology (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communications Engineering) and applicants should have scored a minimum of Second Class Upper division or equivalent at the Bachelor’s level.
2.Second Class Upper division is equivalent to a cumulative average > 70%
Preference will be given to candidates with work experience in the related field.
3.Applicants must submit a research concept note relevant to the PhD degree sought. The concept note should not exceed 2000 words. The concept note should clearly define the research problem, elucidate research done so far to address the problem with annotated references, identify gaps, justify the research work to be done, formulate clear objectives, methods, and indicate expected outcomes, how the outcome will tackle problems related to the priority domains such as agriculture, energy, health, etc focusing on low-cost, open and sustainable solutions.
Documents Required for Application:
. A cover letter indicating for which program of study the application is being made and description of the motivation to join the program
· A curriculum vitae (CV)
· Notarized Masters and Bachelor’s degrees and transcripts
· Recommendation letters from at least two academic referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant.
· Support letter from employer (if any).
· Copies of valid identification card and/or passport.
· Sponsorship letter from an organization (if any).
· Applicants from countries where English is not the medium of instruction must provide an English proficiency certificate from a relevant body or institution in their respective countries.
· Research Concept note relevant to the PhD degree sought
· Master’s thesis abstract
· Copies of Publications
· A proof of payment of non-refundable application fee 10,000RWF (12$) for nationals and members of East African Community (EAC) and 12,000 RWF (14$) for other. The application fees are payable to the University Account Number: UR/ACE-IOT 00094-07744800-77/RWF Bank of Kigali.
· Proof that you have applied for Equating Foreign Qualifications at higher educational council (HEC) of Rwanda for applicants from outside Rwanda and Rwandans who obtained their degrees outside Rwanda.