The Management of the University of Rwanda (UR) through its African Center of Excellence in IoT (ACEIoT) at College of Science and Technology (CST) is offering Masters programs in Internet of Things,
The Africa Center of Excellence in Internet of Things (ACEIoT) is established at the University of Rwanda (UR), College of Science and Technology with financial support from the World Bank ACE II project. UR-ACEIoT aims to train a critical mass of African Scientists and Engineers in the field of IoT through Higher Education and Research. This provides a great opportunity for African students to enroll in ACEIoT master’s programs in the field of IoT.
The masters programs offered in ACEIoT:
1. Masters of Science in IoT- Embedded Computing Systems (MSc. IoT-ECS)
2. Masters of Science in IoT-Wireless Intelligent Sensor Networking (MSc. IoT-WISeNet)
Duration of Master’s Programme:
The duration of MSc. IoT-ECS programme is 24 months
The duration of MSc. IoT-WISeNet programme is 24 months
College and Campus of Programme offering:
College of Science and Technology, Nyarugenge Campus
Mode of Attendance:
Full-time by Coursework (Courses will be offered in a modular basis) and Dissertation.
Payments and Fee Structure for Postgraduate studies:
See the University fee structure downloadable from the University of Rwanda’s website: https://ur.ac.rw/IMG/pdf/fees_structure_in_dollars_2018_2019-pivote.pdf
1. ACEIoT Scholarships
There are few full and partial scholarship opportunities available on a competitive basis for eligible candidates from Eastern and Southern Africa Region (Rwanda, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Burundi, Mozambique, Uganda, and Zambia).
2. Rwandan candidates can also apply for study Loan at High Education Council
1) Application deadline: 15th June, 2020
2) Notification of successful candidates: 10th July 2020
3) Registration: 4th October, 2020
4) Commencement of class: 11th October, 2020
Applicants should have a minimum Second Class Honors Upper Division Degree in the discipline of Engineering/Technology (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communications Engineering) or equivalent from any recognized Institution. Applicant with a Bachelor’s degree in the same areas and specializations with a second class lower division, and with at least 2-years of relevant work experience can be admitted in the programme. Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
1. Go to UR Website (www.ur.ac.rw)
2. Go to Admission, Application Portal and click to (New Application)
3. Fill the Biographical Form and click (Save) at the end you will get “Your Students ID Reference Number”.
Please keep this ID Number as it will be your ID identification for all transaction at UR
4. Create a PIN of 5 numeric digits, Do not start with a 0 (This PIN will serve as your password to access your student account.)
5. Candidates are requested to submit all required documents by using the link http://pgfile.ur.ac.rw/pgfile/findme.php
6. I addition to number 6 above, candidates are requested to fill in the Online application in the following link https://aceiot.ur.ac.rw/applications/?q=content/application-form-postgraduate-studies-aceiot-2020-intake
NB: All documents must be in PDF
If all required documents are not submitted you failed to go to the next step
When your submission succeed, you will find a message in your inbox
Documents Required for Application:
• Application letter addressed to the Director of the center for Postgraduate studies, University of Rwanda
• Motivation letter: should address commitment, statement of goals, objectives and reasons for interest in the Masters programme applied for.
• A curriculum vitae (CV)
• Notarized Bachelor’s degrees/ or equivalent documents and transcripts
• Recommendation letters from at least two academic referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant.
• Support letter from employer for those who are working
• Copy of national Identity Card or passport.
• Sponsorship letter from an organization (if any).
• Applicants from countries where English is not the medium of instruction must provide an English proficiency certificate from a relevant body or institution in their respective countries.
• Proof that you have applied for Equating Foreign Qualifications at higher educational council (HEC) of Rwanda for applicants from outside Rwanda and Rwandans who obtained their degrees outside Rwanda.
For any additional information, clarifications or inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Hanyurwimfura Damien, Ag. Director of ACEIoT on email: email@example.com and or Dr. Mukanyiligira Didacienne the Head of masters studies ACEIoT, on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jocelyne MUTAGANDA, Graduate studies officer, email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
For more information please visit our website: http://aceiot.ur.ac.rw.
Dr. Celestin NTIVUGURUZWA
Acting Director of UR Centre for Postgraduate studies
Download the signed copy: