Call for application - Masters studies at The African Center of Excellence in Internet of Things (ACEIoT)
The Management of the University of Rwanda (UR) through its African Center of Excellence in IoT (ACEIoT) at College of Science and Technology (CST) is offering Masters programs in Internet of Things,
- Masters of Science in IoT- Embedded Computing Systems (MSc. IoT-ECS)
- Masters of Science in IoT-Wireless Intelligent Sensor Networking (MSc. IoT-WISeNet)
Duration of Master’s Programme
The duration of MSc. IoT-ECS programme is 24 months
The duration of MSc. IoT-WISeNet programme is 24 months
College and Campus of Programme offering :
College of Science and Technology, Nyarugenge Campus
Mode of Attendance :
Full-time by Coursework (Courses will be offered in a modular basis) and Dissertation.
Payments and Fee Structure for Postgraduate studies :
See the University fee structure downloadable from the University of Rwanda’s website : Click here to see the Payments and Fee Structure for Postgraduate studies
Scholarship Opportunities :
- ACEIoT Scholarships
There are few full and partial scholarship opportunities available on a competitive basis for eligible candidates from Eastern and Southern Africa Region (Rwanda, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Burundi, Mozambique, Uganda, and Zambia).
- Scholarships for Female candidates by IUCEA
There are few full scholarship opportunities available on a competitive basis for eligible regional female candidates for 2019 intake. For more information please visit this link
Key dates :
- Application deadline(Deadline extended to 05th June,2019)
- Notification of selection : 07th June 2019
- Registration and Commencement of class : 15th September, 2019
Eligibility criteria :
Applicants should have a minimum Second Class Honors Upper Division Degree in the discipline of Engineering/Technology (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communications Engineering) or equivalent from any recognized Institution.
Documents Required for Application :
- A cover letter indicating for which program of study the application is being made and description of the motivation to join the program
- A curriculum vitae (CV)
- Notarized Bachelor’s degrees and transcripts
- Recommendation letters from at least two academic referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant.
- Support letter from employer (if any).
- Copies of valid identification card and/or passport.
- Sponsorship letter from an organization (if any).
- Applicants from countries where English is not the medium of instruction must provide an English proficiency certificate from a relevant body or institution in their respective countries.
- A proof of payment of non-refundable application fee 10,000RWF(12USD) for nationals and members of East African Community (EAC) and 12,000(14USD) RWF for other. The application fees are payable to the University Account Number: UR/ACE-IOT 00094-07744800-77/RWF Bank of Kigali or UR/ACE-IOT 00094-07744801-78/USD Bank of Kigali . Bank of Kigali SWIFT Code : BKIGRWRW
- Proof that you have applied for Equating Foreign Qualifications at higher educational council (HEC) of Rwanda.
Candidates are requested to fill in the Online application in the following link http://aceiot.ur.ac.rw/?q=content/application-form-postgraduate-studies-aceiot-2019-intake and also submit a soft copy in PDF format as one document (merging all the listed documents in a single file) to the Postgraduate Studies Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and to the Head of Masters studies of ACEIoT at email@example.com
For more information please visit our website : http://aceiot.ur.ac.rw.
Dr. Celestin NTIVUGURUZWA
Acting Director of UR Centre for Postgraduate studies
If your have any problem about online application please contact 1)firstname.lastname@example.org webmaster of ACEIoT
or 2)email@example.com Head of Masters studies of ACEIoT